Wednesday, March 12, 2008

REASONS TO BE CHEERFUL

1) My husband is faithful and not skanking around with hookers
2) My kids are in their own beds, safe and sound
3) My parents are alive and well, even my 85 y/o dad who spent 2 weeks in the hosp last month
4) My sister and brother and I talk every week
5) My friends are always nearby, even when far away
6) There is food in my fridge
7) I still have half a tank of gas in the minivan
8) My kids have enough supplements (thanks to so many of you) to keep them on their protocols
9) My bed is soft and warm and shared
10) Many teachers and aides work hard for my girls
11) Winter will soon turn to spring
12) My book is on its final pass before going to my agent and I love my edits
13) "My" autism site is thriving thanks to so many people who contribute
14) I can vote in free elections
15) I can vote for a black man, a white woman or a war hero
16) My hair isn't gray yet thanks to judicious plucking now and then
17) I fit into all my clothes
18) Easter, a joyous holiday of hope and rebirth, is early this year
19) My husband has several interviews lined up and a new, exciting project too
20) Eating high off the hog and sitting on a perch are highly overrated - humble builds the heart

12 comments:

Tom said...

Kim,

We don't really know each other, except for those 2 or 3 mini e-mails (and my beautiful piece you never did put up at the ol' Rescue Post!), but I check out your blog now and then, and your reasons to be cheerful really moved me tonight.

Thank you!

And I hope all continues to go along (or starts to go along again) really well for you and yours.

Whilst you've been busy with various, we've kept this little campaign going to throw the bums out (starting with Julie Gerberding, of course--thank you, Jenny McCarthy!) and things keep happening so fast in autism world--I'm actually encouraged by much of it--are you?

We seem to be finally pulling together.

We seem so, so close to being heard. By everybody. So that "our truth" is finally understood to be, well. . .truth!

An actual mistake that turned into an actual crime that resulted in actual people getting hurt. What's so hard to get, right?

Our kids are sick; we all know why; we want it acknowledged, and maybe we want. . . more. . .

Like--can you all stop poisoning our babies, now?

Anyway, it must be late, because that's my final thought for the night that makes sense.

Keep fighting the good fight!

Terri Lewis

Stephen Parrish said...

Humble builds the heart.

You have a big heart.

Amanda said...

Mark - good luck with the interviews! (Just hope I haven't jinxed it for you with that...)

Kim - here's hoping your latest crapisode is soon to be over and normal life can resume. I just can't belive that on top of all you're going through you had the worry of your dad being ill too. My Gran always said "It's a grand life if you don't weaken" so here's to grand times just around the corner.

Sending you happy vibes as always!

Jenny said...

So many things to be grateful for. Thanks for sharing your list.

Tyhitia Green said...

Kim, I love ya and keep your head up. I'll have to see what I can come up with for ya! ;*)

Amber said...

:) This made me smile, too. and it makes me think about my own blessings, too. Thank you for that.

:)

Mindy Tarquini said...

May the Easter Bunny leave you lots of free-trade chocolate this year.

The Anti-Wife said...

It's always good to be aware of your blessings. Too often we're so focused on everything else we forget how much good there is surrounding us.

GFCF Mommy said...

Your list made me smile and brought a tear to my eye too. You definitely made me realize all I have to be cheerful about as well.

Kim, your humor and honesty are such a gift and I am so grateful you are not shy about sharing your feelings and your life with all of us.

Ditto about the Easter bunny and free-trade chocolate.

Hugs, hang in there.

Katherine

Sustenance Scout said...

Humble builds the heart. A quote for the fridge, Kim. TGIF! K.

John Robison said...

Those are all good reasons to be cheerful.

RJeff said...

Wonderful sentiments from a wonderful person!

Good luck getting things back on track.