Friday, March 28, 2008

This just in! Miss Mia dressed herself after her shower! Shirts included. I'm a mean oldish Italian mother, channeling my wonderful old Italian grandmother - I bundle my kids up for bed. T-shirt and sweatshirt with flannel pj pants. Mia has struggled to get her shirts on (imagine a very frustrated blue/pink/pick your shirt color ghost bumping into things with the shirt stuck on her head) for ages. Her wonderful teacher Miss Jianine has really helped her master self-care skills. Better than a Significant Deal on PM this is!

How did I forget???

My MS is revised and with my agent! Finally, finally, finally. As one writer friend pointed out (Paaaat) "This is kind of your third book by now, right?" Um, yes. Talk about your long, strange trip. I started writing that novel as a free alternative to intense psychotherapy and/or IV delivered narcotics, during a very rough time in our life. The usual stuff: 3 kids with autism. Husband out of work. All marketable skills having rusted to the point of no return...... And so smarty pants Miss Kat Cavicchio was born. I swear her name is about the only thing that remains from that first draft. T'ank God!


Girls are on their way home from school. Have a good weekend all!


13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank heavens you are writing a book! You have such a natural knack for writing, especially when using such a wide variety of humor. I about busted a gut reading your "pleather" comment today at the Huffington Post.

Amanda said...

So when will you get anything back? Can't wait to hear your publishing date!

Now I'm going to have to find huffington post and see what you said there...

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Hi, Amanda. Oh the fun is JUST starting. Now my agent gets his comment back to me. Then I get the MS back to him. And the he has to sell it!

go to http://tinyurl.com/33mje2

Lynne Griffin and Amy MacKinnon said...

Kim, I wish for you and Kat the very, very best.

Amy

Cornelia Read said...

Huge, huge, HUGE congratulations!!

Polly Kahl said...

WooHoo! Must feel great! Have a fabulous weekend.

MaNiC MoMMy™ said...

And here's where everything falls beautifully in place, including that PW announcement of Kim Stagliano's Very, Very Nice Deal--crossing fingers... Tell Eric to sell that bad boy!!!

Amanda said...

OK, just to see how much of a show off you are, is that shirt as in buttons or shirt as in sweat? Just so's I know how loud I can be...

That is amazing, even without buttons, but with buttons? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? WITH BUTTONS??? HUGE! JUST HUGE

Drama Mama said...

Yay you! Yay Mia!

Amy said...

Hey - your piece was great. Doctor's appointment went well. He told me we could catch up with shots later. It was the chicken pox one he was really pushing. Whatever. It went ok though. We go for blood testing Monday. Thanks for your ear.

Michelle O'Neil said...

Go Mia! Congrats!

Ada [The Duchess] said...

That's excellent. I hope your book does well (I'm sure it will but I thought I'd push out the tradtional 'good luck' anyways).

Thanks so much for your comment at my blog (Keep The Peace in Schools). It's great to see new people reading everyday.

P.S.: You bet I watched your appearance on GMA! You were wonderful. Good on you battling any possible stagefright (if you even get any). And at a purely artificial level...you wore the right colours. You were - obviously - sounding informed and brilliant. You looked gvreat!

Cheers.

Mindy Tarquini said...

I wish you an easy polishing.