Thursday, March 20, 2008

Land's End: Best customer service on the planet!

Wowee kazaam! How's this for customer service. Remember yesterday I was t'd off about having to go back to Sears to get the security tag of a pair of Land's End jeans I'd bought for our GMA appearance. Well, our friends in Wisconsin must have a Google Alert out for themselves (which is fantastic) because look at what I just got from Land's End:

Hi Kim,
I read your blog today about the experience you had at the Lands' End Shop at Sears. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience it caused you. On behalf of Lands' End, I'd like to send you a gift card for $50 as a way of making it up to you. If you'll accept it, please send me your mailing address and I'll get it sent out right away. If you have any questions, please feel free to call me.

I am so impressed. Not only does Land's End make great quality clothing that my girls can wear without looking like they are training to entertain the ex-gov of NY, they have the best customer service I've ever encountered.


GO BUY SOMETHING FROM Land's End! (Hint, I always go to OVERSTOCKS first!)

8 comments:

Laura said...

OMG!!! That is sooo wonderful! I can't believe they did that! I guess they know we Autism moms have lots of clout. :) I like looking at their bathing suits, until I remember I don't look like one of their models and won't look that good in my tankini, even with the right leg coverage.

Tanya said...

If thats for real I am extremely impressed. and look now they get lots of positive PR.

Anonymous said...

Kim, Land's End and LL Bean have the BEST customer service and their merchandise holds up well over time. Love them, shop them, honor them.

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Yup - although I have to say, as a New Englander - you'd think I lean toward LL Bean - but I'm a Land's End girl - they tend to be a little less "sport" and not quite as super preppy as LL Bean.

ALthough I still have and wear my Bean boots that I bought in 1978! I've had them resoled once.

Both companies are fantastic.

Ahvarahn said...

Hello Kim's readers,

If any of you work for a large manufacturer who makes plasma televisions, could you please send me one? And also, please send Kim one too, with some beers, and perhaps one of those bottle openers that says some funny quote like "It's in the HOLE!" when you pop a cold one.

Yours,
Kim’s chum.

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Now THAT would be a Cinderella Story.....

Anonymous said...

I love the fact that they make elastic waist pants for older boys that are too sensitive to wear pants with zippers. My son w/AS has a lot of clothing issues, but I can always count on Lands End to meet his special clothing needs! --Cathy

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Cathy, they used to make jeans with a VELCRO closure instead of a snap or button - they were the BEST. I emailed them when they stopped that style. I'd have bought them for years to come!