Sunday, April 01, 2007

Now what?

For Christians, today is Palm Sunday. A somber day when we remember the impending crucifixion of Jesus on Good Friday. For pranksters, today is April Fools day.

That could explain the 200 pound, dark chocolate Jesus exhibit that is raising eyebrows and fists all over the place.

http://gawker.com/news/funny-headlines/rewriting-the-daily-news-chocolate-jesus-248406.php

Note: The Gawker article on the Sweet Jesus art is definitely snarky and the comment trail, while very funny, is sure to offend some people. Frankly, I thought one commenter asking if we'd celebrate the "Pezurrection" was brilliant, in a "going straight to hell" sort of way. Is it getting hot in here?

5 comments:

Maddy said...

thanks for the links. Cheers

Tyhitia Green said...

Kim,
This is completely unrelated, but I loved your comment on Pat's blog. I think it's great that you have offered alternative reasons for Autism. Keep up the good work! :*)

Laura said...

Kim,
I saw that on my friend Allie's blog. All I can say is, Chocolate Jesus makes me feel very, very sinful, as I want to eat him. There was a crude comment about "cream filling" on Allie's blog, and that makes me want the Chocolate Jesus even more - imagine a giant Cadbury Creme Egg! Yowza! Yep, I'm going to hell.

Stacy said...

Oh my. I think your explanation is dead-on. Palm Sunday and April Fool's Day do not mix (though apparently, they do melt).

LadyBronco said...

I am both laughing out loud and appalled at the same time.

Oh boy...I'll just settle on laughing for now.