Friday, April 13, 2007

My Agent Says I Need A Platform....
I'm new to the writing world. I am seeking to have my first manuscript published. I am called a"newbie." I wear the name with pride along with a boatload of newbies I've met on writers' lists, in blogs and websites. We are clueless, eager writers who want to learn as much as possible while avoiding the complete humiliation that lurks around every corner. We blog and ask a million questions. We subject ourselves to Miss Snark's wrath and her cluegun, Lit Agent X's query killing reviews, Backspace's backlash and myriad other writerly forums (fora?) to become better writers and marketers of our work. We swill gin for inspiration. The delete button is our friend. "THAT", adverbs, "WHICH, strike fear in our hearts. We learn the rules. We hear the rules have changed. We re-learn the rules.
WE DON'T GIVE UP.
And many of us, who write in a certain genre called "chick lit" wear kick-ass shoes like the pair that arrived at my front door yesterday.
Someone tell Eric I now have a platform. A pair at that.


8 comments:

Drama Mama said...

Love that shoe. I like the platform in the front - less toe pain. It sort of stripper meets nice Catholic girl.

Can't wait for the book. Sounds so exciting - and Dickensian. You toiling over a hot computer until your little fingers bleed.

So cool. Wasn't your daughter just talking about a "shoe" the other day? She knew.

Work those shoes.

Anissa said...

Gorgeous shoes! Ah...the sweet scent of new shoes. I have been fighting the urge myself. The closet is at capacity, and I can't part with any of them. Enjoy!

Anissa said...

You're such a bad influence...thank you! It's probably a good thing that most are gone in my size...

Carolyn Burns Bass said...

My husby calls me "Imelda Junior" because of my shoe collection.

Long live platforms.

ORION said...

Yup.
Platform.
Even with fiction. It's true.
I am working harder on this than the writing of the novel!

LadyBronco said...

I love that shoe!

Too bad I would fall flat on my behind if I tried to walk in 'em.

Graceful my name is not - lol...

Michelle O'Neil said...

They are pretty but the heel looks painful.

I can hook you up with some nice flat boy sandals if you want. I'll even throw in a pair of socks to go with them.

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Oh dear. :) I'd need the sock. I've been wearing my black Uggs non-stop since Shristmas and they turn your feet black! PRETTY!