Saturday, July 28, 2007

DATE NIGHT

Last night I went out on a date with my husband. We try to go out alone at least every six weeks. I'm fortunate to be able to find terrific babysitters. (Hi, Chelsey!) We went to Splash in Westport.


We had a couple of drinks (Tanqueray and Tonic for Mark, Whale's Tale Ale from Nantucket for me) and tried to block out the booming house music that struck us as more than a little odd for a lovely restaurant overlooking the Long Island sound. They should have just put a sign on the front door, "If you're over 35 get lost!"

So - we get home and it's about 10:30pm. Fast forward to a quiet moment upstairs (you following me?) I leaned over to flip on the radio next to the bed. Nice love song. Perfect. Then, I hear talking about the bacteria in the bottom of the filthy office coffee cup. WHAT?

Marks turns around/looks up/looks over/looks down (I'm not telling) and says to me, "John Tesh, what a buzzkill." Best line ever uttered in bed! We had a good laugh. And isn't that what being close is all about? The ability to laugh together? It is for me.

Yes, I'd tuned to John Tesh's show! And it's horrible. I need Sirius satellite radio in the bedroom. I haven't listened to FM for three years. And without Imus on the FAN there's no need to tune into AM anymore either. I'm a Sirius girl 100%.

Will someone please tell Mr. Tesh that Friday night lovey music should NOT include the mention of bacteria? EVER?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Kim you have no idea how much I needed that laugh! we have reached the 4 weeks into the holidays wall and tempers are wearing thin. And yes that's exactly what would happen to us except it would probably be child no.2 waking up...roll on 14th August - first day of school!!!

Anonymous said...

Forgot to say I'm sure you're the girl to tell what's his name EXACTLY where he gets off!

Niksmom said...

ROFLMAO! As a mom who had to cancel her datenight tonight...WTF? Bacteria...OOH, how romantic! Bwahahahahahahah

Michelle O'Neil said...

Mr. Man couldn't resist you after looking at your bathing suit shot all day, huh?

John Tesh. Not really doing it for me either.

Anonymous said...

Mr. Man??? Oh please no! That's the guy on BOOBAH. "Oh, look, Mr. Man and Mrs. Lady have a large ice cream cone." in that droning Brit voice borrowed from Teletubbies.

Stalingo = that's Mark's nickname from when the telemarketers could find us. "Hello, is Mark Sta, Stal, Stil, Stalingo there?"

Nope. Click.

The Anti-Wife said...

Makes you wonder what Tesh talks about when he's romancing his wife!

Anonymous said...

You're right there! About the ability to communicate through laughter.
As for the radio, I've given up [too noisy around here] I just stick with the ipod and download the radio programmes that I'm addicted to.
Once every six weeks huh! Interesting!
Cheers

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Mad, the six weeks is the genuine date, not the ah, ah, well you know. Although in the autism world once every six weeks is considered practically nymphmania, isn't it? LOL! ;)

KS

Anonymous said...

Now you're just showing off...

Schmoop said...

Ahhhhhhh John Tesh?? This was cruel post. Do NOT ever mention his name again. I was a big I-Man fan as well. Glad you had a good time though. CHeers!!