Sunday, June 24, 2007


Robison, Kennedy, Wood, Stagliano

If this were a law firm I'd say
"How do you look in an orange jumpsuit?"


Here's a snap from my day in New York on Friday.


I had breakfast with Pat Wood at The Algonquin Hotel featured a couple of blog posts down, whose book Lottery debuts in August. Holly Kennedy joined us toward the end of breakfast, after she and Pat experienced a wake-up call breakdown. Pat did not wake up..... (We need to tell her that hotels can handle that stuff for you!)


We strolled down Fifth Avenue to Central Park, where we met up with John Robison for lunch at Mickey Mantle's. Then John took this photo in Central Park.


Pat and Holly and I brainstormed on my book - and I'm about to wreak a little havoc on my main character. Look out!!!


I have adored getting to know writers - debut and established, agented, unagented, the entire gamut. As Pat's character Perry L. Crandall would say, "That is so cool."

16 comments:

Drama Mama said...

Nice photo. The Unusual Suspects. Sounds like a grand time.

Holly Kennedy said...

Kim, I hope the brainstorming helped. I don't feel that I added much, though. Let me know when
you've finished your revisions :)

Michelle O'Neil said...

YOU...are so cool.

Anonymous said...

my favorite law firm, ever!

ORION said...

I LOVE this photo.
John is the only person I know who can use a timer and just stroll to be in the photo!
Hi Barbara!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the picture! You look like you are having such a great time. You surround yourself with such good people, I think that is the secret to it all! So happy for you and they way things seem to be moving forward....

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Pat - stroll? He's like a giant. It took three strides and he was half way across the park! He is very cool, calm and collected, isn't he? I envy that. I'm in hyper-type AAAAAA mode 24/7!

Holly, I've taken our brainstorming and "Kimerized" it. Changed it to fit my style and to fit the character. I'll bore you with it offblog.

Barbara, so you look GOOD in an orange jumpsuit? We're like Dewey Cheatham and Howe.....

Michelle! How's Cleveland!

Drama, do we look like a line up? LOL!

Eileen, a beautiful crisp summer day in NY with friends? Perfection.

Irene said...

A great pic! What an adventure you have embarked on!

Stacy said...

Great photo. You ladies look so tiny next to John Robison.

Laura said...

Sounds like a lovely time! Beautiful picture!

Tena Russ said...

Adorable pic! You ladies look Lilliputian next to the Big Guy.

Trish Ryan said...

That sounds so cool - can't wait to see/hear about the changes to your book! That picture might be the first law firm I wouldn't mind working for :)

Anissa said...

How awesome! Sounds like a fantastic day. To mingle with fellow writers, what could be better? Good luck with the revisions. :)

Polly Kahl said...

You are so petite and pretty Kim! If I was there John and I would have made two tall bookends for you gals. Great blog too, I've been enjoying it but just haven't commented before.

Tyhitia Green said...

Looks like you had tons of fun, Kim!!

Anonymous said...

Polly Kahl MUST win a prize...... :)