Monday, January 08, 2007

Lucky 007?

The year is young and already I've heard great news from two writer friends. One is just a hair away from landing an agent. The querying process is daunting. And this woman has worked like a dog, diligently followed all the rules and of course, written a terrific book. (I've read it.) I'm thrilled for her soon to be announced success. The second is writer who had a large deal posted on publishing sites this week. Her debut novel has been sold. Congratulations to both women -- you're inspiring me to keep at it.

Here's to good fortune to all my writer friends in lucky 007.

I'm autismed out this week. I hope a few silly catalogs land in my mailbox soon so I can glean some fun out of them.

4 comments:

ORION said...

Thanks so much KS!
Good thoughts generate good luck!

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Ahoy! I'm eager to read your book.

K

Therese said...

Hi Kim,

Just want to say I SO admire your sense of humor in the face of adversity. That's true inspiration for the rest of us who've got it easier.

Good luck with your writing efforts!

The Wandering Author said...

I really hate to rain on your enthusiasm, but have you taken a good look at the statistics for published writers? Most of their careers are dead after three books.

Unlike even a few years ago, if you become a published author, and fail to achieve a best seller or close to it, after you've published three books you will be unpublishable in the industry.

Better to know this in advance, and try to plot strategies for avoiding, overcoming, or just plain changing it. Which is, of course, easier said than done.