Friday, February 23, 2007

IS THERE NO GOD? First winter break and now a Snow day!! Monday, February 26. And judging by the tombs found in Israel, purported to be the remains of Jesus and his family maybe my question isn't so crazy?

STINKING SCHOOL BREAK!!

My kids had February break this week. And my husband a four day business trip - natch. He's no dummy. The kids and I have had some fun, played games, practiced school work, did errands, had a play date with a friend and a cousin and baked some goodies. A good week. However...

I NEED TO EDIT MY MS FOR SUPER AGENT X!!!

I got back my critique from Bev Katz Rosenbaum's wonderful service. And I'm ready to get editing. The ideas are splurbling away in my head, I've artfully recast a character, moved the "big guy" further up in the story, have plans for GrandMarie and NEED TO GET THEM OUT OF MY BRAIN INTO THE STORY!

Alas, I really really really really can not edit when the kids are around. I can blog. I can email. I can chit chat with my pal Maureen in Cleveland. But I just can't edit. Nor can I stay up and focused past 10:00pm. So, if Miss Peanut goes to bed by 8:30pm I tidy up the downstairs, shower, put on my jammies and say "I'm too fried to edit."

Monday can't come fast enough! Got to run, there's my doorbell. The "mother of the year" folks are on my front step. Must be looking for directions to the real winner's house.

4 comments:

Michelle O'Neil said...

Hang in there! It will all happen. You'll get it done Super Mama!

Laura said...

Yay! The Mother of the Year people are here for me! Oh wait, the dog is just barking about nothing at all again. Guess those Mother of the Year folks are lost.

Hope you get to work on the editing, soon! School starts again Monday! Yippee!

ORION said...

I too am crawling out from under my rock! I have sent my copyedited manuscript back to NY.
Done!

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Orion, congrats! I love your count down counter on your blog - that is the GREATEST idea! Snow day after a week off. ARGH! Go head, tell us you're chilly and 72 degrees!