Sunday, February 11, 2007

I've Been Tagged!

OK, six weird things about me:

1) I often think in Ubbi Dubbi, Dubboo Yuboo?
2) I taught aerobics for 15+ years wearing leg warmers, skinny belts and yes, a thong leotard.
3) I went to a New England boarding school where I wore hot pink wide wale cords (yack!)
4) I grew up a mile away from a now defunct heavy metals plant that is an EPA superfund site and is also under the auspices of the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (weird or tragic?)
5) I listen to Howard Stern all morning and then the Singers and Standards (075) channel with Frank Sinatra and Rosie Clooney and Ella Fitzgerald all afternoon on Sirius Satellite radio.
6) I chose a CURE song for my wedding dance. "Love Cat" because my husband had nicknamed me Toonces after the car crashing cat on SNL.
7) For good measure. I had three labors and deliveries without so much as a Tylenol for pain. I didn't want to put any chemicals into my babies and potentially harm them. Guess the laugh is on me.

I am tagging Full-Soul-Ahead at www.michelleoneilwrites.blogspot.com and Matt Man at www.bagwine.blogspot.com.

13 comments:

Schmoop said...

No, not Zoom Language!!

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Hey, Fannee Doolee hates my first name but loves my maiden name. Kim Rossi. I remember the original Zoom. I'm from Boston and had a friend who was a guest on the show. Gotta love WGBH!

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Hey, Fannee Doolee hates my first name but loves my maiden name. Kim Rossi. I remember the original Zoom. I'm from Boston and had a friend who was a guest on the show. Gotta love WGBH!

ORION said...

Kim ROCKS!
She actually typed out a NYT article I wanted to read cuz I could not get a copy of the newspaper and it wasn't online...and SENT it to me.
I would add one quality.
SUPER DUPER BLOGGING BUDDY!!

Steven said...

Are you a really piss poor driver or something? ;)

Steve~

Liz Hill said...

OMG--I had those pink wide wale cords!

Hi--came over from Matty's site.

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Steve, hop in and I'll be happy to tell you as we cruise down 95.... LOOK OUT TOONCES!!!! Remember, Toonces always lived. :)

Laura said...

Kim, the leotard thing - if you didn't see it on SNL last week, go to Allie's blog http://www.inner-cheese.blogspot.com/
to check it out. All the hotness of 80s aerobics.

I LOVE the song LOVE CAT. Rrrawwr.

Michelle O'Neil said...

I never understood Zoom's language and my older sister used to taunt me.

P.S. I had a gold fish named Toonces in college.

Also...(I did the 6 weird things for ya. It's down a couple posts on my blog).

Anonymous said...

Remember Bernadette doing that thing with her arms - I'm doing it right now. Good times.

I watched a few aerobics tapes from the couch.

Which boarding school? I wore my wide whale cords at Stoneleigh Burnham (girls boarding school)and no where else, that whish whish noise of cords was not cool.

Hubby and I lived in 9,000 sf mill space in New Bedford, birthplace to a few superfund sites. We rode bikes to get to the phone before the machine picked up.

Howard Stern was deemed too trashy for New Orleans listeners even before he left for Sirius. Please. Is he still throwing balogna at strippers? I'm hooked on kd Lang and Johnny Cash right now.

We played a lot of the Meters at our wedding, but you gotta love the Cure.

I had epidurals for both deliveries, because my boys take after my egghead father.

It is a small world.

Anonymous said...

Lisa asked,
"Which boarding school? I wore my wide whale cords at Stoneleigh Burnham (girls boarding school)and no where else, that whish whish noise of cords was not cool."

I went to Emma Willard, a boarding school for girls in upstate NY. Our uniforms were too ugly to describe on Kim's nice blog. Great fodder for a writer, though.

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Nobles - in Mass. In the ISL with St. Paul's, Groton, Milton and St. Mark's. No uniforms. But no jeans, no painter pants. We wore Madewells and Vidal Sassoon skinny cords! And I had some brand called "Trousers Up" that my high school boufriend took to calling... Oh wait, you said I had a NICE blog.

:)

Anonymous said...

Hey it's nice to hear another mother of a child with autism listens to Howard Stern. We need humor whenever we can get it. But sometimes I have to turn it off when he gets too descriptive about sex. My son listens and likes when they make gross sounds.