Thursday, July 16, 2009


Half Crazy Mother Attends Half Blood Prince

That's right! I am shirking today. Shirk shirk shirk shirk shirk. I'm going to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince's 11:00am showing at the Bow Tie (my my) theatre.

I haven't seen an HP in the theatre in years. I used to take my nephew - we saw the first and second one I think. That was a long time ago. Since then, the movies come out and I just can't seem to get away for the 3 hours. I have the DVDs but it's not the same.

The kids are in ESY and camp and Mark is in Trenton on business (wonder if he'll run into Stephanie Plum?) and Kim is going to play hookey and go to the movies!

1 comment:

Ahvarahn said...

Cheerful movie wasn't it? I was at a loss one day, walking by the lake and I thought, I know, Harry Potter. To be honest, I didn't think much happened in the movie at all. Hormones running rampant thrughout was kinda cutesey but for the hype and whatnot, I was expecting to suspend disbelief and let it take me away from post-stimulus america. I think a walk-on part in a Cormac McCarthy adaptation (which seems to be my life now, although I am not complaining) would be more enjoyable.

I was hoping the bad guys would stop whispering, Iron Man would leap out, or Hagrid would turn into a truck or something. Anything.

Been very busy with my mid-life crisis to visit you as often as I should, but you and the family are often in me thoughts.

Keep well, Kim,
Paul