Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Girls' First Day of School. So Why am I so Fried?

The girls started school today. Seems like they each had a good day. The don't/can't tell me about their day verbally. Even Miss G. who is quite verbal, struggles to tell me about her day. I can tell by their smiles, their walk and their demeanors.

I had a full day to myself today. I tried to do a month's worth of work in 5 hours. I pretty much screwed up everything I touched - even the things I didn't touch. I stayed up too late last night watching the Democratic convention. I'll stay up too late tonight watching Obama give his speech. At 6:00am I was taking pee samples - in the semi-darkness, which was requirement for this test. At 8:15am I was on the road for my run (Thompson Twins and Morrissey in my ears on my Stiletto.) Played offense and defense on the blogs. Worried about the kids' day. Pulled weeds. Do you notice that no where have I mentioned writing? That starts next week. Tomorrow I'll screw up more things. Joy.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

You see? Last post you were relaxed - calm before the storm!

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

You're right, Amanda. Dang it all!