Wednesday, December 13, 2006

"Blue canary in the outlet by the lightswitch, who watches over you?" This is a line from a nifty little song by They Might Be Giants.

Last night I had a rough time after reading two articles about autism that just destroyed me for a while. I was still a little loopy from it all today.

And now Sirius (God, I love satellite radio) is playing this song. Mark and I used to sing this to each other when we were dating in that dorky "Oh why not sing a silly song, we're young in love" kind of way back in 1990. Mark is my Blue Canary in the outlet. (Get your mind out of the gutter please.) He watches over me. And his girls. We watch over him. And now, just hearing the song makes me feel cheery and much better.

"Not to put too fine a point on it. Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet. Make a little birdhouse in your soul."

KS

9 comments:

Trish Ryan said...

Aww...that's awesome. Yay Mark :) Sorry to hear those articles took your feet out from under you for a bit, but it's great to know that you've got some blue canary to keep things running along!

Anonymous said...

Mark sounds like a real find...I could sure use a man like that ;) Does he have any time in his schedule for a full-figured, fun-loving gal who likes quiet walks on the beach at sunset? Maybe he has a brother????

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Oh he is, he is. But give me (consulting calendar) 8 days and I'll want to kick his ass right out of the house. You may have him then. He prefers a golf course to the beach. I'm not sure about the full figure - I'm on the thin side (size 4). Breasts will surely thrill him, if only for the "I remember those" factor as long as he doesn't have to reach down to get them. Oh, I will request that you return him 5 days later. Then we can chat again next month. OK?

Anonymous said...

Are you still a size four? I thought your ass had pancaked you into a six, at least...

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Harvey, I'm not Irish enough for a pancake ass. I leave that to the dark haired colleens. I've got 1/4 Venezuelan that plumps me out nicely. Or haven't you noticed?

K Lo.

Anonymous said...

Oh, geez...I wonder if it's too late to return your Christmas gift now...

ORION said...

Kim! Size 4??????!!!!! I was BORN a size 4!
Also I'd really like to email you privately -
but can't remember if you approve comments then can delete them. I don't want my email out there in cyber space

ORION said...

Thanks!
I sent an email then
I deleted yours so evil people won't find it!