Wednesday, July 21, 2010


Joan Rivers on David Letterman Thursday July 22nd!

I've been a Joan Rivers fan since her days as a talk show host on WABC radio in New York in the nineties. I lover her story, her career, her survival instinct, her loyalty, her humor - everything. Hell, I even love her love of plastic surgery and her mega-biz on QVC. I was on QVC twice for Mark's company a long time ago. It ain't easy to sell the "wow" in their required "over the fence chat" style. I ironed on a German ironing board at 7:00am, shaking with terror. And I demo'd a cake box with ice packs that fit into the bottom to cool your tarts. I recall the host "Bob" as being kind of an asshole. Ms. Rivers has her own dressing room. No big, noisy green room that is like a bad circus tent for her with the Spanx lady (makeup 3 feet thick) standing next to the guy who is going to sell the latest camera, standing next to me wondering if my pale lip glass and mascara is enough. (It wasn't.)

Ms. Rivers is on The Howard Stern show often - I never miss her interviews. My agent knows her quite well. You might recall how kind she was to me when I took Bella to the The Bank Street Book Nook in New Milford, CT for a signing and Ms. Rivers allowed us to scoot to the front of the line because Bella was having trouble with the crowded (busting at the seams!) store.
Her website
Twitter "Staying in Melissa's guest room in L.A. It's in the basement--so far underground. I could have reached over and capped the BP well myself."
Facebook
All her books on Amazon

5 comments:

klaus said...

I’m really truly a converted fan of Joan. I saw her movie a few days ago and it completely changed the way that I see her, as a performer and a person. I’d have to say that it’s one of the best movies I’ve seen, documentary or otherwise.

K Fuller said...

I love Joan Rivers. Strong, smart,funny. Creative, driven, a survivor. She is a great example of pulling oneself out of nothing!
I also love QVC, it is where I window shop, adding things to my wishlist like a shopping cart. If Mark can find that one perfect item that millions will buy and get together with QVC you guys will be home free!
Look at some of the people who bring things to sell! Mark is much better looking than most of them!

K Fuller said...

I love Joan Rivers. Strong, smart,funny. Creative, driven, a survivor. She is a great example of pulling oneself out of nothing!
I also love QVC, it is where I window shop, adding things to my wishlist like a shopping cart. If Mark can find that one perfect item that millions will buy and get together with QVC you guys will be home free!
Look at some of the people who bring things to sell! Mark is much better looking than most of them!

Drama Mama said...

See her documentary "A Piece of Work" - awesome!

fullsoulahead.com said...

I just happened upon her "How'd you get so rich?" show last night. She's a funny broad.