Monday, January 03, 2011

Let's Kick It

This morning I start kickboxing classes right up the street at Hanko Ryu Martial Arts.
The Karate master is from Rome. The studio is next to a bakery and an Italian Deli and in the same plaza as Porricelli's and Starbucks. Can you say perfection? I feel as though I might have lost some of my wonderness while gaining a few lbs over the holiday. There was much taste testing of sweets and goodies and damn that BBQ from Wilson's BBQ in Fairfield. Good God who knew smoked food could be so good? I miss the personal training classes at Pilot House - a fabulous autism community resource in Fairfield.

The kickboxing will be a great way to spend an hour each weekday. It's kicking. And boxing! Or so I'm told. Wish me luck. I need to fit back into that invisible plane soon.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Ok I don't know who the woman was but Oh my heavens.. that was skurry.. a step beyond scary. A cross between Marge Simpson and Wonder woman..

Lisa S said...

My daughter Maggie is 6 and HFA. I loved your book. Thanks for a fantastic read during the Christmas break!

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

I don't know who she is either, but I adore her chutzpah. She has a certain je ne sais qWHAT??? :) Thanks, Lisa. Hugs to Maggie from another girly girl Mom!

momma23girls said...

Good luck Kim! I have some friends who go every week to kickboxing and have been trying to drag me along. One of these days I plan to go even though I know I will be the one dying on the floor when it's done! :) Enjoy your time!

Lori Orrico said...

My husband swears kickboxing is the answer for the pent up frustration and anger I've been carrying around since we rec'd our son's diagnosis 4 years ago. My question is ... Whose face do you see on that bag you're kicking? I have a list much longer than the bag! BTW? I'm thinking Wonder Woman is a dude!