Thursday, November 19, 2009


Not Not Your Daughter's Jeans

I'm half horrified. One quarter secretly pleased. One quarter just plain depressed. I haven't tackled the laundry since we got back from Cleveland, except for the kids' clothes. So my jeans are mostly in the hamper. I'm sick to death of wearing Levi's. Day in. Day out. Bootcut. Straight leg. Boring.


Today I realized I had almost nothing to wear. My choice of clothing these days resembles the car selection in the USSR in 1970. "Do you want the black or the so dark gray it's black Trabant, Comrade?

I slunk (slink, slank, slunk, right?) into Mia and Gianna's closet and eyed a pair of tan cords from Target. Could I? Would they? Aw, hell, why not try?


They fit. A kids size 16. Whoopedoo. I have the figure of a child. But they are too short. And flared. Really hideous. So I tucked them into my Uggs, to make the sartorial statement that much more pathetic.

I need a shopping spree. Badly.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh..my...god! You fit into a kids pair of jeans?!?! I admire you always, but now I think I might hate you a little!! That is impressive. You must look smoking hot! I am far too curvy to even attempt such a thing!!

Laura said...

You're very crafty, Kim! I am currently alternating wearing the two pairs of jeans that fit best most of the time. I bought some new jeans and still haven't hemmed them. You know, that would take a good ten minutes if I did it in front of the tv. Who has that much time? ;) Something I could do instead of reading stuff online? Huh.

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Tawny, I do not look smoking hot. I am a 45 year old autism Mom wearing $9 Target 2 year old Target kids pants. They are nice and soft, I'll say that. Laura,m crafty is a necessity, yes?

Angela Warner said...

Come for a visit Kim. We have the best consignment store here. Ironically it's called Spanky's LOL! High quality stuff, dirt cheap! I don't remember the last time I bought anything "new" except for shoes. We can make sauce together and then go shopping. We'll make sure we have happy hour too!

jules said...

go kim !!!
more power to ya =) if you can wear them ... do it !

Michelle O'Neil said...

Time to go back on Ebay, huh?

Kim Rossi Stagliano said...

Michelle - yes. And go to Fairfield to a great consignment store. Or win the lottery. Or sell a kidney.

pixiemama said...

Right - Not your daughter's jeans. Your daughter's cords.

Wishing you some much deserved, non-ebay or goodwill shopping.

Anonymous said...

you are too funny, kudos, young lady, you must of looked fine in those cords and uggs.

Amanda said...

just wit for a growing spurt and they'll fit like a dream!! LOL!! Some of us have a way to go before we can even think of raiding wardrobes....

It must be our age/occupation because my repertoire is [top]jeans and walking boots. I sometimes think they've welded on like something out of the borg. Must visit LTS soon....