Wednesday, October 28, 2009


Writing, Ranting, Reading

Writing

My book is coming along pretty well. I got feedback from my editor that didn't start with, "We've burned your contract. What were we thinking?" which was a relief.

Ranting


I'm pretty annoyed with the soda/beverage industry. Have you seen the ridiculous ad against the Soda Tax - the angry Melina Kanakaredes looking model is with her child in the grocery store lamenting that they can't buy crappy junk food - BECAUSE OF THE TAX ON SODA. Lady, lay off the soda. Skip the Lucky Charms. Buy the broccoli.

Reading

Just finished A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle. I'm reaching childrens and young adult books these days. I find them more honest, less sappy, and frankly, more interesting than most of the books I've picked up in the last few months.

So what's new with you?

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad to hear book progress is good.

Right there with you on the rant - I will stop there!

Haven't had time to read due to 2 1/2 week school holiday - back tomorrow! YIPPEE!!

HA! word ver is Latte - just what I need!!

Anonymous said...

That picture looks like it could have been taken in a ABA center. 90% are fat, unhealthy with severe behaviors and parents wonder why as they are shoving crap down their throats. Sickening.