Sunday, April 03, 2011

Reviews!

Kim Stagliano Shares Reviews for All I Can Handle I'm No Mother Teresa

I've been meaning to share some of the incredibly kind things people are saying about my book. And as a show of how honest and upstanding I can be (except when I'm stealing from the Stop & Shop or stripping off my undies in public, for those of you who've read the book) I'll even share some not so good reviews. I will not reprint the review of the person who seemed to think I should have stopped having children some time ago.... Really, hand the Lubriderm for the thick skin required for that one!

"I don't feel so alone." That's my take away from the reviews. And that's exactly what I'd hoped my book would do for fellow families in the autism world. And from people outside our community I'm hearing, "I just didn't know that life with a child on the spectrum was so demanding." Again, that makes me smile big time. Mission accomplished x two!

5.0 out of 5 stars
Loved This Book!, October 28, 2010
This book is a must-read, whether or not autism directly impacts your life on a daily basis. I should rephrase that, because while I do not have a child with autism, by the time I was a quarter of the way through Kim's book, I realized that autism impacts all our lives on a daily basis, it's just not necessarily on our radar if we're not in the trenches with it every day. Kim is never didactic -- her voice is honest, off-the-cuff, and hysterically funny -- but she lays out points that shock you with their simple truth. I finished the book not only feeling like I'd made a new friend, but also awed by how much there is to be done -- and how much CAN be done -- both to better protect kids from autism, and to help those who are already affected. I will read this book over and over again, and would recommend it to absolutely anyone.
I am the mom of a child on the autism spectrum and it is a challenge to say the least - humor goes a long way towards lightening the load. This book had me laughing out loud many times (and tearing up once or twice). The author related many experiences similar to mine - I felt like I had company on this journey - a friend to laugh with when the going gets tough. I finished the book in two sittings - could not put it down. It was a great read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Superbly done!!!, October 22, 2010
A well written account of what it is like to raise children with autism and come through life's trevails with success and happiness. This book covers it all and is wonderfully written in short chapters which were easy to read. From one Warrior Mom to another - Great work Kim! Well done!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not just about autism, March 20, 2011
Was an enjoyable identifiable read until the author began to focus on Obama, Gay Marriage and Catholic faith. She speaks frequently of being Catholic followed by evidence she fails to abide by the Faith. A poor representative of Catholicism in a book that's guised to be about autism recovery.

5.0 out of 5 stars She's the Real Deal, October 21, 2010
I finished this book in a day. I wish it was longer! Kim Stagliano writes about her own life yet it runs parrallel to mine and so many other warrior moms. She shows that through the tough times (and she's had many), you can survive and thrive. She gives great information about autism that is easy to digest. There is no rereading the page to figure out what she is saying. It's plain and simple and truthful. I would suggest this book to families with autism and those without (are there really any without these days?). It was a pleasure to turn each page and share a laugh and even a few tears. I hope this is just one of many books to come from Kim Stag.

2 out of 5 stars Just another book about autism

...For some reason I have a feeling that writing this book was Kim's last shot to get back to her wealthy life style. And I hope she will be able to get enough profits from book sells to secure her daughters future and leave life she leaved once.

Kim's Note: (Clearly that reviewer is unaware of the economics of writing in 2011!)


No comments: